FBC Global Partners
"But, indeed, for this reason I have allowed you to remain, in order to show you My power and in order to proclaim My name through all the earth.” Exodus 9:16
Prayer ALERT: Please pray for believers in countries who are facing uprisings, conflicts and persecutions, in particular the Middle East, Asia and Africa. Pray for missionaries who continue to serve in spite of the danger. Ask God to turn the hearts of unbelievers towards Him and bring the lost into His Kingdo "Why FBC should be involved in missions:
• …because God is involved in missions.
• …the gladness of the peoples in the greatness of God.
• So that God’s fame would extend to the ends of the earth, that He might receive greater glory as He saves sinners of every tribe and language and people and nation.
We can be a blessing to our missionaries by:
• Staying consistent in prayer for them (with our families).
• Maintaining regular contact with them over the long term, even if the things we’re communicating seems mundane and even if they don’t respond.
• Praying with and speaking with others in the church about their ministry so that they are fresh on our minds and the minds of others.
• Honoring them appropriately when we have them physically present among us.
• Having a missionary mindset for our own city." ~Matthew Goodman, Worship Pastor
Some of our workers are in fields where security is high. Their families and ministry must be protected when posting on the web or communicating. If you would like to correspond with them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for contact info. Also, please observe the guidelines for communicating safely listed below.
Working in the 10/40 Window or mobilizing for a high risk ministry:
Rich and Susan
Stephen and Cindi
David and Jackie
Jeremy and Ona
Hany and Suzy
Ethan and Irene
Rashid and Aleka
John and Judy
Ken and Lou
Bud and Nancy
Peter and Rhonda
Guidelines for Communicating with Those in Sensitive Contexts
Do not be afraid to write to our missionaries overseas. But, please remember to be sensitive to the political situation of each country. We do not want to jeopardize the safety and ministry of any workers, especially those in Communist and Muslim countries.
If there is scrutiny, pressure or persecution, we want it to be because of their success, not our carelessness.
Some Guidelines for Writing
Please refrain from mentioning “Christian” words or ministries, such as:
• people group information,
• workers names in one location,
• the word “missionary” or mission agency names,
• “prayer letters” or support teams,
• Christian slang, such as references to evangelism, church planting, bible translation, etc.,
• “conversions”, “converts”, or names of national believers,
Also, use care in using “spiritual warfare” terminology, which can easily be taken the wrong way.